Monday, October 1, 2012

Remembering Your Love, Lord

Heavenly Father,

You know how ill my Johnny is, how fast the changes are coming now, how seeing them hurts me so much. Hold me close then, tightly, next to your heart, so that I can remain strong, so that when fear and discouragement wash over me I won't have to worry about falling- I will be safe within your  arms.

Thank you for your many blessings,Lord, especially for letting Johnny  be here for the past eight Anniversaries. Number thirty-nine is coming up, on Dec. 31. He wants only to make it for that one, says if he can be here for our 39th anniversary he will die a happy man.  I hope he is able to make it, but if not, my comfort will be knowing that he loves Jesus-loves you, and always thanks the Holy Spirit for helping him change.
  
Lord, just for today, help me count my blessings, to remember that no matter how difficult or painful things are, I am never alone; when alone, I am with you, and there is not a safer, nor more wonderful  place to be.


Help me remember the pristine beauty of your love, Lord, 

that it is universal, meaning everybody is included. There is not one person
on this planet who has to be alone, who has to go through  life being afraid, lonely, friendless, insecure. Your love is always reaching out towards them-

towards us all.

Help me remember, Lord that your love is personal; it focuses on each individual. My greatest comfort comes from knowing you know where I live, and observe my going in and out of our home. You know my thoughts, take note of every tear I cry, you wipe them as they fall. You sit with me when sadness makes it impossible to sleep, and are there first thing in the morning, to walk with me through the day, and the next one, and the ones after that.

 Help me remember that your love is pursuing- always seeking me, wanting to guide and protect me, wanting to be there for the wrong turns I take so you can set me back on the right path.


Help me remember, Gracious Father, that your love is changeless; your love is unconditional. You love me in spite of my faults, are always there to uplift and encourage me, rather than abandon me when I mess up.

Help me remember that your love is Selfless; you sacrificed your precious SON for my sake, for all our sakes.

Help me I pray, to remember that your love is empowering; that when You are Lord of my heart and life, nothing is impossible. I love you, Lord, with all my heart.



4 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Dear sweet sweet Barb,

I am going to save this - what a heartfelt prayer in such a hard time. No anger - just asking for His grace to see you through. I need to remember this myself.

Love and hugs,
sandie

Buttercup said...

Dear Barb, My thoughts and prayers are with you and Johnny. Sending a hug across the miles!

Kath said...

Love you sooooo much and thinking of you always Barb,even though I arn't there with you,you are always in my thoughts.I wish I was there,so I could give you both a loooong gentle hug.Maybe sit a while with your lovely Johnny,and let you rest.Take Care my Dear Friends.Prayers for you both always.God Bless you at this very hard time.{{{{HUGS}}} to you both xx

Dolores said...

Dear Barb,
Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog.
I'm so sorry for your loss also.

Yes, Sandie is such a sweet and amazing lady. I'm glad she connected us.

Your prayer is so beautiful!!! I can not imagine how anyone can go through a death of their loved one without the knowledge that God is always by our side.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.